How are we preparing for GDPR?
Before May 25th we will be contacting our clients and suppliers to ask them to confirm how we may use their data. Members are deemed to have legitimate interest and / or contract in the Worthing & Adur Chamber of Commerce and we will continue to communicate with them while they remain members.
If you are not a member of Worthing & Adur Chamber of Commerce and have interacted with the website or attended an event, legitimate interest will apply.
Your rights under GDPR:
- The right to be informed what data is held about you and how it is held.
- The right of access. Enabling individuals to access their personal data and supplementary information. A Subject Access Request is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org we will provide the information within 72 working hours.
- The right to rectification. We must rectify or amend the personal data of the individual if requested if it is inaccurate. Please email email@example.com and we will rectify personal data within 72 working hours.
- The right to erasure. We must delete or remove an individuals data if requested and there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like us to remove data about you. We will remove it within 72 working hours.
- The right to restrict processing. If you object to any data held about you, you have the right to restrict any further processing of that data. Email email@example.com and we will action this request within 72 working hours.
- The right to portability. We must provide individuals with their data so that they can reuse if for their own purposes or across different services.
- The right to object. You have the right to object at any time to any personal data we hold about you. Just email us the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend it or delete it within 72 working hours (subject to financial regulations and legal considerations).
- The right to understand any automated decision making. We must respect the rights of individuals in relation to automated decision making and profiling.